☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮

☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♥ ☮

2011-11-22

An excerpt from one of my stories...

“Hi, I'm Jerry. Can I buy you a drink?” His lips were dry, as though he hadn’t had anything to drink for ages. He was nervously trying to conceal his wedding ring.
My lure wasn’t activated so I did not understand why the hunger smelled so strong.? I looked around the room. Everything seemed normal. Why would this married man be picking up girls?
“What would your wife say if she knew you were trying to buy me a drink?”
He laughed anxiously. A fly circled his face; he swat it away with a nearby newspaper. He replied with a devilish grin. “Well I'm not sure, but what she don’t know won't hurt her.”
I had to stifle a laugh. I have witnessed humans, how they live, what they live for, and I still cannot seem to answer the one question I have been asking my whole life. What is it to be human? It is not difficult to see what separates man from any other living thing on this earth. But does that which separates man from the others make him any better? I have never been human, nor will I ever be. I was made. Created for an evil purpose which I’d rather forget, but when you have lived as long as I, you begin to realize that you can never truly forget the past. You come to understand that time is not your friend. Time can never erase what was, it can only distance you from it. I suppose any mortal would not hate time as much as I. With time comes understanding, and I am coming to know this world. I see how all living things share this earth. No one owns the earth for the earth is the one that owns everything. The earth is the provider. I see that fly, buzzing around Jerry’s face. I sense Jerry’s desire to kill this fly; most humans feel the same.  But why not let it go free? Then its life is not wasted. It can go and be a part of the environment and maybe, somewhere along the road, it will provide nutrients for some animal. But humans do not think this way.  They do not respect the fact that all things are interconnected.  They kill a fly because they can. I have the ability to lure any human to their death, but I see that I can choose not to. I sit in their presence every day. I hear their hearts beating. I hear their thoughts. They all want the same things. They want material objects, security, money, sex, companionship; the list goes on. They are all egoistic. I can sense the few that are different. The awakened ones, the ones that are appreciative and wholehearted; these few, deserve the breath in their lungs. At first I was ignorant to the moralities of the human world. I fed my master the most beautiful specimen I could find. Not caring to read thoughts or feel emotions. But over the past years, I have learned much. I feed Avita only the scummiest of souls; the greedy, the murders, the extremists. I have seen countless people die; three hundred and sixty five souls a year to be exact. This may not seem like a lot when compared to the amount of people that are taken by cancer. More people die in car accidents than the amounts that are lost to Avita. The only difference is the one that makes Avita all the more evil. She wipes those souls clean from the universe. No more restoration, no more evolution. For them it is completely over.
As I emitted my lethal charisma, I could sense Jerry’s mind go numb. “Why don’t you come back to my place?”

No comments:

Post a Comment